Wednesday, March 07, 2012

scenes: Ice Skating







I know, I know... the weather is absolutely gorgeous outside today and everything is hinting at spring. The sun is rising earlier, the birds are starting to sing... and I'm posting about ice skating.
I've been meaning to post these for awhile but am finally getting around to it just now.
For months now, I've been dying to go skating and so a couple weekends ago, Sebastian and I made our way down to Nathan Phillips Square, rented us some skates, and off we went!

Little known fact: I used to figure skate when I was younger. So, here I was, thinking I was going to be super impressive with my skills, and the only conclusion I can come up with is that rental skates are horrible. I tried on one pair, and my ankles kept collapsing in on each other. I tried another, and well, I'm pretty sure I nearly broke Sebastian's hand because I was squeezing it so hard to keep my balance. Disaster.

Shortly after the last photo was taken, a fellow skater was going so fast and completely wiped out right in front of me. I'm talking completely air-born and landed right on his bum probably about 5 inches from my body. I froze, completely in shock, and then immediately tried to hide my laughter.

And as you can tell from the blue sky and fluffy clouds, it was a beautiful day to get out of the house, breathe in some fresh crisp air, and walk around the city. It's days like this that I really love living downtown.

P.S. Can you spot Sebastian in the third photo? Hint: Red mittens in the distance :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis