I thought I'd keep a journal of sorts, to document the days up to the wedding, and maybe even to hold myself accountable to the list of to-do's before we board a plane! Here's a mish-mash of what's been going on in my world lately in preparation of the fast-approaching I-do's!
1. Energizing Workouts
I fell off the wagon on this one for about two weeks while I was couch-ridden but am back full throttle! I've been sticking to Jamie Eason's LiveFit Program, which I've tweaked along the way since I won't be able to get through the entire 12-week program. Now that I'm getting into the middle of the program, the weight lifting is getting more intense and it's been amazing! Higher energy levels, feeling more vibrant, more refreshed, and more of that on top of the world I-can-do-anything feeling!
2. Nourishing Foods
More vegetables. More greens. More smoothies. More juice! The 3PM (and 7PM) desire for something sweet has been my downfall, so I've been searching for new healthy recipes to help curb that hunger. I think I've found a winner, I'll let you know how it goes!
3. Pill Poppin'
I've created a nice little concoction of supplements to take in the morning and honestly, I've been noticing a huge difference. I started the new regimen a couple of months ago, and took a little break because let's be honest... when you aren't feeling well, the last thing you want to do is down a barrel of pills. Which of course, is probably the worst thing you can do because hello! You need those little suckers. But I'm back to it, more dedicated than ever, and it's like a surge of energy right to my core. Among the selection? Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, Probiotics, and Digestive Enzymes.
4. Peace o' Mind
I've been focused on being present in the moment, not letting myself get stressed, and freeing myself from guilt. This is BIG, you guys! By freeing myself of negative emotions, it's allowed me to be more open to positivity and optimism. Being healthy and radiant starts within yourself first, and spreads to the rest of your life. Be Happy, Be Healthy, Be Fit... in that order.
What more does a Bride want than to have that glow on her wedding day? Back at the three month mark, I started a new beauty routine, I'll fill you in...
1. I kept up with my regular daily cleansing - facial cleanser, toner, day-time moisturizer in the morning, a thicker night-time moisturizer at night. (I love me some Vichy products!) Especially the winter months, this has been a savour!
2. I introduced a weekly beauty routine - each Sunday, I've applied Dermaglow's Vitamin C Microdermabrasion scrub (rub in for a minute), followed up with Vichy's 10-minute moisturizing mask. At first the scrub was pretty harsh on my face, which was surprising since my skin isn't very sensitive, but that was only for the first two weeks and now it just feels oh-so-good. The moisturizing mask is simply amazing! I skipped a couple weeks (do you see a pattern here?) and my skin started to really dry out - as soon as I introduced it back into my life, my skin cleared right up! Magic!
3. Dry brushing. If I'm being honest, I'm still trying to remember to dry brush daily, but usually only remember after my shower. Dry brushing is suppose to do wonders for your skin, and even minimize cellulite! Say hello to my new best friend.
4. H2O, baby! For your health, beauty, this is the not-so-secret to feeling good and looking fab-u-lous!
The past couple weeks have been an absolute whirlwind, first with being hit with the flu, and then the aftermath of trying to get back into the swing of things and catching up on everything. Has anybody else felt like the energy in the air has been a little... off? It's felt like a battle with the "I'm in a funk" kind-of moods, trying to snap myself out of it, and remembering to take time out for myself.
What this meant for me was moving my body even when I didn't feel like it, indulging in a little relaxation even though there's a million things to do, and countless blog posts to write! I tapped into what my body was trying to tell me, and I'm really feeling more energized, and inspired than ever. (A lesson in itself!)
Now that we're getting closer to the wedding day, I'm beginning to feel a sense of calm about the whole thing. The final details are being decided, the countdown is officially ON, and the excitement is really starting to pour in.
WHAT'S LEFT TO DO
- Final song list! Processional, father-daughter dance, reception music! Any suggestions? (Seriously)
- Stationary (programs, table numbers, etc)
- Hair + beauty decisions
- Ring insurance
- Final dress fittings
I hope you enjoyed the little insight into the planning process! If you have any advice, I would be forever grateful!
(And thank you so much for your understanding during this unanticipated blog break! xx)
Images: 1 // 2 // 3