Monday, January 07, 2013

The Love List


I hope you had yourself an amazing weekend! What did you get up to? The change of pace around here has been thoroughly, thoroughly loved. (I'm soaking it all in while it lasts:) This weekend was all about taking time for ourselves, reflecting, relaxing, treating ourselves. You know, those kind of days where you just lay in bed all morning just because you can.

Here's a few things I've been loving lately...
 

TIME-LAPSE
In the midst of trying to learn all about my brand spankin' new camera, Sebastian came up with a fabulous idea. You see, my previous camera, although a lovely starter camera, has got nothin' on this beast. So, off we went, Sebastian set up the camera, looking out on one of the busiest streets in Toronto (just outside our apartment), and we created this lovely little time-lapse.

Creating videos is something I've always wanted to get into. In highschool, I even enrolled in a broadcasting program and made my own short-film. Which seems like eons ago but I remember being fully submerged in the process - from the first concept to the final edit.

Feel free to have a look at the first attempt! There's so much more to learn, I can't wait!


LIFE RESET
Now that the holidays have come and gone (seriously, when did that happen?!), I'm fully dedicated to this new, healthier lifestyle I'm ironing out for myself. Already, I can feel my body thanking me, both mentally and physically. (Woop woop!)

I've been hitting the gym and changing my mindset about it too. Here's how:
Before: Keep going, you need to lose X amount of weight, you have a lot of work to do!
Now: I am in shape, I feel fantastic, and I can do this.

(Notice how before, even though I was "motivating" myself, I kept focusing on what was wrong?)

Without getting all preachy on you, it has been working wonders for me. My mindset before was breaking myself down while I was trying to do something fantastic for myself - talk about a contradiction, right? I would feel unmotivated, and couldn't wait for my workout to be over.

Now? By soaking in all that positivity and inner motivation, I push myself harder, and my workouts are even longer. (Bonus!) What was once dread over hopping on a cardio machine, is now something that I look forward to, because I know my body will thank me later.


PINTEREST
After going on a Pinterest hiatus, I'm back in the game, my friends! Sitting back to take a break while pinning some of my favourite images has been so enjoyable. It's a little spot that sparks creativity, inspiration, and ignites that fire for all things beautiful. (Now I just have to remind myself to quickly visit, not spend hours there;)


YOU. YES, YOU!
I cannot thank you enough, for being you. The feedback I've so lovingly received, the comments, the e-mails, just...everything has me so humbled and grateful for each and every one of you. Sometimes when I have even just a hint of an idea, I get so excited to share it with you guys. Other times, when I share something that leaves me exposed and vulnerable, you show me that we're all in this together, we all share and go through the same things. We are not alone.

So, thank you, for bringing greatness into this world. I can't wait to get to know you better, and to grow our friendship just as we have been over these last few months.

TODAY'S AFFIRMATION: I will be patient with myself today and remind myself that I am a constant work in progress. Everything is exactly the way it should be in this moment.

Now, a couple q's for you: What are you grateful for today? What are you looking forward to this week? Have you joined the affirmation challenge?

IMAGES: 1. Striking Truths 2. Yoga Inspiration 3. My inspiration boards 4. Ginger P Designs

7 comments:

  1. I'm loving all these things too! The time lapse video is awesome. I've been trying not to spend hours on Pintrest- just a quick browse here and there. And I'm really getting into Yoga- it's addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your affirmation for the day. I think I will keep that for me today as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the time-lapse video! So fantastic. What's your new camera? I feel the need to drool in jealousy :)
    I just LOVE your new format around here!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that time lapse! I've never done one but I'm seriously trying to figure out somewhere I could go to try one out!
    You're SO right about working out for the right reasons, I think you have to find a workout that you (sort of) enjoy but once its all clicked its an amazing feeling. I haven't really found anything that beats that post-workout buzz!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am grateful for life.

    Your time lapse was lovely. What time of camera do you have? Look forward to seeing more photos and videos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i absolutely love striking truths! such great website, i definitely have a bit of a thing for 'words' :)

    xo adela

    http://pinterest.com/adelamilosova/w-o-r-d-s/
    http://serendipityyoga.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

AddThis