Friday, February 08, 2013

Liquid Love + 3 Recipes!


Do you want radiant skin? Healthy hair? Glowing eyes? Do you want to cleanse your body, get rid of that pesky bloated stomach, and feel full of energy? Turns out you don't have to run to the store and spend your hard-earned money on products (full of chemicals) that might work. If you really want to get that sparkle, you have to get down with a little liquid love.
 
Let's get realistic here... the idea of drinking this nearly neon green drink may seem totally unappealing to you. (And some of you might already love it! High-five!) Trust me when I say, I've been there. I've sat there, sitting infront of my green juice, stomach turning, preparing for the worst. I've plugged my nose as I attempted to get the drink down as fast as humanly possible.
 
But you know what? It's not going to kill you. Stop the drama and give it a go! Downing a glass of green juice will have your body craving it in no time. Juicing actually gives your body a blast of vitamins, minerals, enzymes, protein, and oxygen. Within minutes(!) your body is loaded with all the goodness to nourish your cells and help restore your immune system. And you know, it helps that it's one of the best beauty secrets around.
 
For the past three weeks (after anxiously waiting for my juicer to arrive!), I've been waking up just a little bit earlier and whipping up a delicious glass of green juice. I won't lie, the first day wasn't all that great. It didn't taste good to me at all and I suddenly had flashbacks to day one of my juice cleanse. (Bleh!)
 
Did you know that our bodies are crazy adaptable? By day three(!), I was really enjoying it! My taste buds were revived! They came back to life! And now, three weeks in, my body is seriously thanking me for filling it up with the nourishment it so badly needs. I wake up feeling refreshed (not sluggish), my energy levels are soaring, my mind has clarity, and even my digestive system is in prime condition. It's pretty safe to say this is one powerful healing remedy!
 
So today I thought I'd share the three recipes I've been digging to get you started!
 
MAKE JUICE, NOT WAR
2 Large Cucucmbers (Peeled if not organic)
4-5 Stalks of Kale
4-5 Romaine Leaves
4 Stalks Celery
1-2 Big Broccoli Stems
1-2 Pears (Or Green Apples)
1" Piece of Gingerroot

Makes roughly 32oz.
 
DR. OZ GREEN DRINK
from Dr. Oz
2 Cups Spinach
1/2 Cucumber
4-5 Stalks Celery
1/2 Bunch Parsley
1 Bunch Mint
3 Carrots
2 Green Apples
1/4 Orange
1/4 Lime
1/4 Lemon
1/4 Pineapple

Makes roughly 30 oz. The fruits add a lot of sweetness to this juice and it's definitely one of the more filling juices.

THE MOST REFRESHING GREEN JUICE EVER
by Choosing Raw
2 Cucumbers
1/4 Lemon, Skin Cut Off
1 Pear
1 Handful Fresh Mint
1 Heaping Cup Spinach

Makes roughly 16 oz. Since I'm making juice for two people in the mornings, I double this amount and it's perfect. It's so refreshing and really tasty too! It's got the official stamp of approval as the favourite in our house, and is the juice pictured here.



Here's to thinking about what we put into our bodies. Will it fuel your brain, make your heart beat, ease your mind, make your lungs work, support your immune system, repair and build your muscles...? It's all about making small steps that produce some serious results!

Happy Juicing!

Are you a fan of green juicing? Do you have any favourite recipes? I would love it if you shared in the comments!

12 comments:

  1. LOL.. not a problem! I can re-post my comment. Hwz tat? :)
    Can these juice recipes b part of a juice diet?


    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome! I'm surely gonna try the last recipe. Thanks for sharing Allie! :)

    Cheers,
    Janz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a ton! I was just going thru it. Will let you know on how it works. Happy awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love juicing, I've actually wanted to complete a juice fast, I think the hardest part is calculating how many vegetables and fruit to buy for a juice without it going bad. I've had that happen to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I did a juice cleanse back in November and searched high and low for resources to tell me what to do/what to buy/etc. If it's something you want to try out, I posted the grocery list that I used here: http://betweendreamstheblog.blogspot.com/2013/02/liquid-love-3-recipes_8.html

      Let me know how it goes! :)

      Delete
  5. I really like green juice! the only problem i have is how much work cleaning the juicer is after. it is SUCH a headache. maybe it is just my juice, im not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE juicing/blending. I do one green juice or smoothie on a daily basis and I never get sick (no knocking on wood necessary!) I did a cleanse at the beginning of the year which I absolutely loved. There is a book called Hungry for Change. It is a fantastic read (not just another 'diet' book). Near the end, they put in a 3 day detox plan, which is basically three days of [mostly] raw eating. I would recommend it to anyone, especially as a precursor to a juice fast, as with this, you're still allowed to consume food.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love juices! but i need some courage to try these! i'm not a lover of vegetables!! But i understand how much benefits they can give!
    I'll let you know! (:
    thanks for your sweet comment!
    xx Zoe
    P.S. i LOVE your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, love! So happy you stopped by :) Veggies are where it's at! I'm sure once you try a great recipe, you'll be hooked xx

      Delete
  8. Hey Allie! I just posted on some simple n special recipes for the Valentine's Day. I'd love to share to share it wid u! :) - http://www.spicetrayparty.com/2013/02/valentines-day-recipes.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for sharing! i am always looking for new juice recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They're always full of questions, always eager to explore the world around them. You don't need much time, money, or equipment to nurture your child's curiosity. It's enough just to take advantage of the opportunities for learning that pop up every day.liquids.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

AddThis