When did that happen?
Last Friday, I had my last dress fitting. If I were to sum up what the wedding planning experience was like for me, the one word that pops right into my head is surreal. Everything has been so incredibly surreal. The surprise proposal, choosing a destination wedding, our engagement party, deciding on flowers, the cake, the colours... it's all been leading up to one day. A day that has seemed so far away that often times, didn't feel real.
But on Friday, as I stepped into my dress, it hit me. I started imaging what the day would be like... how I would feel, how I would look, being surrounded by the most incredible people I know, seeing my Dad (this one evokes some serious happy tears) and looking into Sebastian's eyes and saying I do.
Then I had to stop thinking about it because I got too excited.
So, let's dive into what's been going on lately, shall we?
(If you missed the first part of the countdown, you can catch up right here xx)
I've kept true to my new beauty routine (read here if you missed it), and I've been feeling so, so good. A huge part of what's making me feel this way, I think, is because it feels freaking fan-tas-tic to consciously take care of my face and skin. Whenever I've been overwhelmed with busyness in the past, my needs are always the first to be put to the back burner, but now? Now I'm making myself a priority. That small shift has the strength to move mountains, I tell you.
What's new in the world o' beauty?
1. Rosehip Oil. This stuff! Man o man, it's goooooood. (Possibly yeilds secret super powers) My skin has been SUPA dry lately (thanks, extended Winter!), so I've started applying Rosehip oil after I wash my face before hopping into bed. It's like a surge of moisture to my skin. Highly recommended.
I've also heard that this stuff can actually even out your skin, and make it more radiant. I just introduced this gem into my world over the past week and a half so I'll keep you updated if I see any differences.
2. Body Wrap. Have you heard of the slimming body wraps? I haven't actually done this yet, but am seriously considering it. (Who wouldn't when they advertise noticeable results in just ONE session?) I'm throwing it over to you: Have you had a body wrap before? What did you think? Did you see any difference? Did your skin feel better? (I heard they're great for detoxifying too!) Or do you think it's all a trick?
3. New Hair! SHAZAMMM! I'm like a brand new woman! I dyed my hair a darker brown a couple of months ago and it was just getting too dark for my liking (oh hello, pale skin!), so I decided to jump on the ombre train and take things to a whole 'nother level with lighter tones.
For a girl who has never considered herself a morning person, my energy levels are through the roof! I don't think this can be credited to any one thing but a combination of taking care of my body with the right foods, hitting the gym for some wicked workouts, and most importantly, listening to what my body wants. While I've been seeing physical changes in my body, how I've been feeling has taken everything to a whole different level.
And just while we're on that topic right there, what if we focused more on how we feel rather than how we look? I used to hit the gym, and during my workouts, think to myself "I have to lose X amount of weight" "Keep going, you need to tone! You need to have a better stomach! Better legs!" I'd visualize my "perfect" body, while belittling what I had in that moment. Not good!
Now, I'm a lot more in tune to how my body is feeling, I've become gentle with myself which has boosted my self-confidence and turned my workouts from a place where I'd feel less-than-good about my body into something refreshing and enjoyable. I no longer work out to look good. I workout to feel good. And that has made all the difference in the world.
Now for the fun stuff! A recipe! Lately I've been starting my mornings off right with this incredible smoothie. It's filling, chock-full of healthy ingredients, and it's basically a full-on party for your taste buds!
The Classic Green Monster
*Makes 1 serving/2 cups
What you'll need:
- 1 cup almond milk, or milk of choice
- 1 ripe banana, preferably peeled + frozen
- 2 handfuls organic spinach or 1 handful kale
- 1 tbsp chia seeds OR 1 tbsp ground flax
- 1 tbsp nut butter, optional
- 1-3 ice cubes
- protein powder of choice, optional
*Can I just say that Chia Seeds are MAGICAL? Seriously. I would shout my love for these little dudes from rooftops any day. They work!
The past couple of weeks have been a little slow moving on the Wedding front. We had planned to have everything done by now, but alas, Easter feasting became a priority. Followed by Easter food comas, you know how it goes.
I'm feeling really good about where we're at right now. Every little piece of the puzzle is coming together, and there's such a huge sense of accomplishment whenever we get something done. (Like packing one of our suitcases full of what we need to bring! Check and check, double high five!)
Now, for a few Q's: What were your most memorable moments as a guest at a wedding? And if you're married... what were some of the last minute details? Any advice? Wishing you the most incredible Wednesday! Make the most of it xx
Images: 1. (original unknown) // 2. Oh She Glows // 3. Striking Truths // 4. One To Wed