Friday, June 07, 2013

Dominican Sunrise


Buenos dias! 

Most days while Sebastian and I were honeymooning in the Dominican, we had no schedule to keep, and not a care in the world. We'd wake up, turn to each other, and ask, "What do you want to do today?" Then smile back and reply, "Anything or nothing at all." 

It was a beautiful, beautiful thing.

On this particular day, we had a photoshoot to get ready for bright and early (I'll be sharing those next week!) and I was full of all sorts of excitement, nerves, and butterflies. Naturally, my eyes shot open at the wonderful hour of 5am. For the life of me, I couldn't go back to sleep. I forced my head to stay on that pillow with my eyes shut tight, trying to turn off my over-active mind. Nada.

I crawled out of bed and paced around the room, not knowing what to do with myself. I opened our balcony door, looking up at the stars. Then finally thought, "If I'm up before the sun, I might as well go greet it at the beach."

Not knowing whether I should sneak out, or wake Sebastian up and whisper to him that I'd be leaving, I imagined him waking up, confused and disoriented, thinking I'd been abducted out of our suite.

I got myself and my camera gear ready, finally letting him know that I woke up at a ridiculous hour, the sun would be up at any moment, and I was determined to get out and witness it for myself. And well... that man would just not let me go alone. He forced himself out of bed, half-asleep, and eyes barely open to come with me, whispering under his breath how crazy I was that I'd just magically woken up at five-in-the-morning.

At this point, it was a race against time as we ran through the hallways and down the pathway that led up to the beach, not wanting to miss a thing.

Until, there we were. Toes in the sand. The bright orange glow against the ocean forming on the horizon. The clouds becoming more and more defined as the light hit their shape, looking as if they were straight out of a painting. Like cotton candy floating in the sky. The calm of the ocean waves so strikingly serene, I had to remind myself to soak it all in. To remember every detail of the overwhelming beauty that was before my very eyes. The orange glow became more and more intense, as the sun finally revealed itself to the day. The sun's rays spread themselves out across the sky, feeling the warmth on my body. Until there I was, staring at the morning sky with the beach beneath my feet, feeling so incredibly small in this world, yet unbelievably enlivened and powerful all at once. I was humbled.

The day had begun.

rockin' my pj's

Have a beautiful day, love. Stop by later tonight for the sunset :) xx

7 comments:

  1. Oh, how gorgeous! What a beautifully-written post, too. Thanks for sharing :)

    Best,
    Danielle
    http://awriterinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos! Your trip really does sound like a dream. Can't wait to see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are beautiful!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow - it literally looks like the birth of a new day! how magical.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So magical! It's a nice reminder that each day is fresh, new, and full of possibility, regardless of what the day before was like. Absolutely stunning. :)

    ReplyDelete

AddThis