Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Goals Before 2014: Radiance (Week 6)

Hey there.

This past week has been a bit of a mixed bag, from spending an entire evening in bed under the covers after being hit with a really bad migraine to super productive days jammed packed with to-do's all the way to treating myself to a massage that left me feeling supa blissed-out.

Needless to say, presence was a massive lesson that I dove into head first. And boy, it was a lesson. Lots to be learned and mastered with that one.

There are days when you are so there, in the moment, the here and now, and everything else just fades into the background. You're in the zone, and it feels so freaking good and you think, "Living in the moment, daaamn! More of this, please."

Then there are the days when thoughts are flying at you from all angles, the pressures, the overwhelm, the over-thinking, constant analysis. Sometimes you're hit with the unexpected (like a crippling migraine), and it's left you there feeling incredibly counter-productive and the guilt creeps in. There's nothing like a wrench being thrown into your plans to throw your mind into a frenzy.

The two biggest lessons I've taken away are:

1. To accept the unexpected. Because it's inevitable. You can spend hours planning out your week, day-by-day, hour-by-hour, minute-by-minute, but eventually, life throws you a curve ball, tossing your schedule way out of whack. It forces you to take a step back, and slow down. You can do one of two things: let frustration consume you, or accept it and use that time to dive into some self-care and tap into your inner wisdom.

2. Our realities are formed by our thoughts. This one's a biggie. I've been practising the art of approaching each day looking through a lens of non-judgement. It's meant taking those slower days, or the days where you're feeling a bit off, and asking what do I really need right now? What can I do to honour myself in this moment? Instead of diving into a story of guilt/ blame/ shame, it's shifting the focus, consciously adjusting my thoughts, and choosing to step away from negativity.

Why don't you give it a go? What's something you can do today to honour yourself?


WEEK 6: RADIANCE {November 11 - 18}
After feeling a bit foggy/ sluggish over the past few weeks, my aim here is to support my body with what it needs. I'll be nourishing my body with clean foods, saying no to sugar, and yes to awesome food choices, through meal-planning and capping the week off with a juice cleanse. (Which didn't go so well for me last year, so cross your fingers!)

On top of all that, I'll be inviting in exercise with intention and moving my body every. single. day. Whether that means a quick high-intensity workout at home, sweating it out rock-climbing, or winding down on the yoga mat... I'll be tapping in, listening to my body, being present, focused, and really challenge myself. It's all about RADIANCE! Glowing, brilliant, crystal-clear radiance!

Va-va-va-voooooom!

Pop on over to the comments and share your goals for the week! I'd LOVE to hear! xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis