Thursday, July 26, 2012

Twenty Five


Today is my birthday! And the funny thing about birthdays is... you wake up feeling just like you did the day before. So far anyway - this morning I woke up to my alarm, looked out the window, brushed my teeth, took a long hard stare in the mirror, and I don't feel any older.

But this year is different. This year I thought I'd make a list of goals for the next year. It's something I can update as I accomplish each item, look back on, and more importantly - hold me accountable. The year ahead is going to be action-packed and I am so stoked to see how it all unfolds.

So here it is...
Twenty Five Things To Do While I'm Twenty Five.
(gosh - that was a mouthful, wasn't it?)

1. Plan our wedding and get married >>> As of right now, we're in the process of getting everything finalized. So cross your fingers for me!
2. Start writing in a daily notebook. >>> I love the idea of having something to look back on to remember every day. It could be writing down a paragraph, or something as simple as a sentence.
3. Get fit
4. Yoga. Get on it. >>> I've yet to find a yoga studio in Toronto to go to, and I've been itching to find one so I can start going regularly.
5. Create organized meal plans with easy/healthy options >>> Classifying me as a cook is pretty much like saying snails are fast. What's even worse is that I'm horrible at looking at what we have in our fridge and throwing together an amazing meal. (Sebastian is incredible at this sort of thing) Having meal plans will help not only our waistlines but my cooking abilities.
6. Overcome my fear of open water. Go scuba diving or snorkeling. >>> This terrifies me more than you will ever understand.
7. Finish my certificate program through the university
8. Work on my photography; take a course >>> A passion that has always been pushed to the side. It's time to get serious!
9. Set aside date nights with Sebastian. >>> Especially once you start living together, it's important to take time to just date each other. Surprise each other. Make things special. Go that extra mile.
10. Read a book a month >>> At least.
11. Explore 5 new places in Toronto >>> I've lived in Toronto for over a year and there's still so much left to explore, and so many things that I don't know about. It's time to get out and discover more of what the city has to offer. (And you know, work on how directionally challenged I am:) [ONE]
12. Make an album of our wedding photos >>> For us and for our parents
13. Skydive >>> Something that Sebastian and I have been talking about since we started dating. We already bungee jumped so now it's time to take it up a notch.
14. Complete the first part of Rosetta Stone for learning Polish
15. Cook/bake something new each month. [AUG] 
16. Make a habit of going outside, enjoying the light, seeing friends, and forgetting the internet.
17. Stop being so passive >>> My friends tell me that I can be too nice. I didn't really know that was possible, but it's time to speak my mind, and not let things float on by to avoid confrontation.
18. Learn to say ‘no’ — to myself >>> It's time to stop putting so much pressure on myself to do everything and to do it all perfectly. It's okay to say no. It's okay to do something just for yourself.
19. Revisit the place where I grew up.
20. Read ‘How To Purge Your Closet’, get to work, and give what I don’t need to charity [POST]
21. Pick up my old dusty guitar. Dig up those old music books. Play.
22. Pay off my car loan >>> Follow this up by jumping up and down for joy.
23. Buy our first home together >>> Since we moved to Toronto, we've been renting a one bedroom apartment. It goes without saying that we're both really looking forward to having more space and being able to call it our own.
24. Add more artwork into our home. Especially locals artists, or artists who aren’t as well-known.
25. Remember the moments. Don’t take the little things for granted.

I'll be updating this list as time goes on, so check back to see my progress!

I hope you are all having a wonderful day!!! I'll be spending it with Sebastian who has something secretive in store for me. xo

14 comments:

  1. Correction: I set my alarm for midnight to wish you a happy birthday. So you did not look out the window, brush your teeth, or have a long hard look in the mirror. Instead, you told me, "I need to sleep." Happy Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Touché.

    ... I am getting old after all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Hope that you are having an amazing one :)

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday!!! XOXO I love this list. So fun! I went sky diving a couple of years ago and it was amazing. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think we are meant to be best friends. we have so many similar goals. absolutely adore this. i'm new to your blog, so this may seem totally obvious, but why are you in the midst of learning polish? what fun!
    p.s. happy belated birthday!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey lady! I just found your blog through Casey's {I was also one of the featured sponsor swappers} and I'm so diggin' it. :) Cant' wait to read more from you!

    Oh, and a happy {belated} birthday to you! You should totally go snorkeling/scuba diving if you ever get the chance! It's a beautiful world under the sea and it will change your life. It's so calming down there - once you get over your fears. It's really not as scary as it may seem.

    Anyway, have a happy hump day and a wonderful weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll explore 5 new places with you!

    I'm going to call you when I find something interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Perry... yes, please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love the picture of you at the top of this post. :)
    Yay for #1! i'm with you on #8. EVERYONE should do #16! overall, perfect list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh! and HAPPY 25th BIRTHDAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute idea to start your birthday! I've seen so many lists floating around, but making one on your birthday, as a sort of rite of passage, that might be nice. Well, I've got to wait two weeks, then I can make mine ;-) xo Anja

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heya, That's a pretty impressive list I must say.
    Just wanted to add that You are very pretty :-)

    ReplyDelete

AddThis